Friday, February 15, 2008

John Manders' stuff



As I was digging through the closet, trying to find some of Ray McAnallen's stuff, I came across these caricatures of me done by John Manders. Like Ray, John was a fellow student and fellow caricaturist at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. John still lives in the Pittsburgh area and is a wonderful humorous illustrator. But don't take my word for it, check out his website at http://johnmanders.com/

Other caricaturists from those days at AiP, were Mike Malle (who is an instructor at AiP; lucky students), Dave Roe, and... arrgh, now my memory fails me...

Ray and Will... can you help me out here?

Another cartoonist/illustrator that I both know and am much impressed with (and envious of) is Tim Bowers. I got to know Tim when I was in Central Ohio. Tim is a graduate of (no, not AiP) the Columbus College of Art and Design. Like Manders, Bowers is a children's book illustrator, but I expect you've seen his stuff on greeting cards as well. Again, check out his website, http://www.timbowers.com/

No comments: