Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Real-time Friendships



Lest you think I spend all my time "Living in the Past", and that the only friends I have are from the 1860s and the 1970s, and are either reenactors or cartoonists, here are a couple of pictures of some of my best, modern day, friends. On the top is Ron Windmiller and the bottom picture is of Jeff Moore (here doing his best Popeye).

Jeff is one of the pastors and Ron one of the deacons at church (http://www.ridgewoodchurch.org/), here in suburban Detroit. When we came to Michigan from Ohio, I had a handful of battle scars and a couple of open sores (admittedly more than a few were from me picking at the scabs). Jeff and Ron were quick to befriend me and, while they were accepting of me where I was at, they were also eager (and helpful) in having me heal and to grow and move on. When Karen was diagnosed with breast cancer two and a half years ago, Ron and Jeff were even quicker to minister to us all.

And both are very tolerant of my obsession with the music of Jethro Tull...

1 comment:

Windy said...

Mike? Who's Mike...and where did he get a picture of me?