Saturday, April 12, 2008

"The Picture of Dorian Graybeard"





The top photograph, of me and my esposita, was taken in Pittsburgh, PA, in February of 1978. We both look, approximately, the same age. Because, well, we, approximately, are.

And she wasn't my esposita at the time. To be precise.

The next photograph, again, of me and my esposita, was taken in Mt. Gilead, OH, exactly twenty years later, in February of 1998. She, not only now my little spouse, is also the mother of my two children. She still looks a teenager. As if no time has elapsed.

I, however, look like more than twenty years have gone by since the first picture.

In the next two pictures, taken now ten years later than the second, I look like I have aged much more than the thirty years that have passed since the first picture was taken.

With my wife, my esposita, my girlfriend-for-life... still looking every bit as young as she did when I first met her.

I shouldn't be surprised. Angels don't age.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought exactly the same things about karen's apparent age and your very apparent age as soon as I looked at the pictures. So it was funny to read your post saying the same thing I was thinking.