Monday, October 29, 2007

Shopping Maul


I hate to go to the mall. And I hate shopping. I get all anxious and irritated. It must be something like angoraphobia (fear of sweaters?). But I do just fine in airports. So my teenage daughters help by announcing flight departures and arrivals. While it makes me feel comfortable, I think it kind of creeps everybody else out. And I am okay with that. In fact, I enjoy shopping now. Sometimes I take my belt and shoes off and set them on the counter at Macy's and pretend I am going through Security. Oddly enough, Security usually comes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!!! And your favorite movie is a Tree Grows in Brooklyn?! You are my new God ;-)

Mike Gillett said...

Thanks Kathie. Yeah, I love that movie. Didn't care for the one "made for TV" sometime back in the seventies. I don't know why someone felt compelled to do so!