Monday, May 19, 2008

"The Marines have landed and have the situation well in hand."









Recently, a couple of us from the 21st Michigan (21stmichigan.org) joined with the boys from the 4th Michigan (4thmichigancompanya.com) for the weekend... to fight the Rebs yet again, of course... and we had the very great honor to do so along side the Marines (ussmichiganmarineguard.org) . Here are a handful of images, including a well pleased, lone, sailor. There were some casualties, as you can see, but the Confederates finally skedaddled and surrendered...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures give me a much different perspective on your re-enactments. Closer shots of guys faces, cannon fire, some blood (cool), and a soon to be dead guy. Looks like you're all having fun...and that's nice to see! I'm happy for you!

Now can we *please* go eat some wings???

Mike Gillett said...

Thanks. As a chaplain, I have the unique freedom to be on the battlefield... and I don't have to obey orders directed to the troops. So I can indulge myself and click away with my little digital.

We do have some wonderful time. This weekend is Greenfield and for three glorious days, we get to play. With some neat scenarios (i.e. Rebs POWs loaded onto trains and taken away and some other grand dramas)...