Monday, May 5, 2008

Green Street Fair



This past weekend I pulled duty at another caricaturing gig for the Art Institute of Michigan, in nearby Plymouth. This one - the Green Street Fair - sure was considerably warmer than the icy Ice Festival in the winter. Above are two examples of my wares... the top is of Mike McClure. Mike and his family had the booth next to AiMich's - selling their pickled cukes. Like many of the other food vendors, McClure's Pickles were handing out samples. Unlike most of the other food vendors, McClure's Pickles was constantly crowded (and with many repeat sampler-ers)... and justifiably so. They sell two terrific varieties... garlic and spicy dills. Mmmmmmmmm! I am a man who loves pickles (somewhere I've got a picture of me as a kid munching on one... so my love isn't anything new!). And McClure's - unsolicited testimony here - have got to be the best pickles I have ever had! Check out their website - mcclurespickles.com And be ready to order a couple of jars. You won't regret it!

The bottom fellow is a wonderfully likable fellow named Thom Haneline, who is a High School Rep for the Art Institute (http://aiadvantage.com/adv/). I've shared the booth with Thom, and the rest of the crew from AiMich at all the events - they are all great people... but Thom is the only one who looks like a hobbit-all-grown-up. And as a funny and theatrical soul, he is entertaining... his imitation of a New Yorker is spot-on.

No comments: