Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Ball and the Fall



A few recent photographs...

My esposita and I attended a Civil War-era formal ball last weekend in Lansing, MI. Just call us Red Adair and Ginger Rogers (I was told my dancing skills took the pressure off from everyone there). Karen made her gown. I didn't make my uniform. But I did dress myself.

The second photograph is from the 21st Michigan's end-of-the-season pre-Thanksgiving dinner. If you left click on the photograph, it will pop-up much, much larger. Reenactors oft times are told to give a Civil War Smile in having our likeness taken (which is no smile at all - the exposure time of the day was too long to hold such an expression)... so that explains the dour faces.

However, you will notice that there is a young man who must not have gotten the memo.

2 comments:

Will Finn said...

You two look great! you haven't aged a day, but your wardrobe could use some updating....
willy finn

Unknown said...

You do look great! LOTS of work on Karen's dress. wow.

I see Chaela has the proper look, but you need to work with the irrepressible Corrie.