Saturday, June 7, 2008

"Brain-storming, habit-forming, battle-warning weary winsome actor...


...spewing spineless chilling lines--"

You might well assume that I am here, portraying well a chaplain, tired of mind, body and spirit... deep in contemplative and meditative prayer... while heavily burdened by his ministerial duties and charges... who is pausing momentarily before returning to the Hell of the Civil War battlefield.

But you'd be wrong.

I'm just waiting for my food to come at the Eagle Tavern in Greenfield Village.

Darned if I'm don't look like some tired old fart. Sometimes I scare myself in the bathroom mirror. I think some grumpy curmudgeon has snuck up behind me...

4 comments:

Historical Ken said...

Your beard is looking good, you conemplated, hunger-filled curmudgeun you!

Historical Ken said...

Ooops! I meant to write "contemplated"

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look like you Mike. Your countenance never reveals the curmudgeon inside....unless that's just gas.

Mike Gillett said...

Well, my family would argue... that there is both curmudgeon and gas inside me that all too frequently escapes...

Great seeing you yesterday... Looking forward to Olga's...