Thursday, March 6, 2008

"This Was"


I won't tell you when this picture, of me and my sixth-grade classmates, was taken. But I will give you a clue. Jethro Tull's debut album "This Was" had only just been released a few months previous and they had begun their first US tour.

I look literally squeezed into that ugly plaid sport coat. Like it's some sort of Scottish sausage casing and I'm the porcine filling. I don't know where it came from, but I pray I didn't wear it but this once. I do remember that it was a clip-on tie... and that the little pocket kerchief that is showing was fake. It was just a bit of folded cloth sewn onto a rectangle of cardboard. All in all, a rather classy get-up.

I won't embarrass anyone by identifying them, although I think I can recall everyone's name.

No comments: